Hypnobirthing Online FAQ's
To save you time, I have put together a collection of answers to the most common questions asked about Hypnobirthing Online.
If you can't find the answer to your question below, please contact us.
What Is Hypnobirthing?
Hypnobirthing is an entirely logical and extremely useful established birth preparation programme for you and your partner that lets you discover the joy and magic of birth and is much more than just self-hypnosis or hypnotherapy.
Soundly based in established anatomy, physiology and psychology, hypnobirthing classes online is packed with lots of resources that guide you and your partner through easy-to-learn self-hypnosis techniques that allow you to enter deep states of relaxation during pregnancy and birth, resulting in shorter, more comfortable, easier labours, with less need for medical intervention or pain relief.
Whether this is your first or a subsequent pregnancy, or you felt dissatisfied with a previous birthing experience, the birth of any child is a hugely emotional and rewarding experience, and hypnobirthing classes will provide everything you need to know to enjoy a comfortable and enjoyable birth.
How do I Know Hypnobirthing Works?
Hypnobirthing classes have been around for over 30 years, and available in most countries!
Thousands of couples have already used my childbirth preparation programme for birth and labor and found they moved through their pregnancy week by week feeling more and more confident about childbirth.
Whether you are:
relaxed about birthing, want to deepen your bond with your baby, afraid of giving birth or
want to be in control of your birth experience?
Then hypnobirthing classes are for you. Hypnobirthing techniques work very effectively with home births, water births, hospital births and birthing centres. Hypnobirthing is about Choices & Choosing Safely what kind of Birth you would like to have with your Baby!
Why is Hypnobirthing now Online?
Many birth preparation classes have been cancelled which leave women feeling vulnerable and unsupported along with the fear of the unknown! All this uncertainty increases stress and anxiety levels, so with over twenty years' experience I have designed and replicated for you an online course in the comfort of your own home eliminating, as much stress as possible so that your pregnancy and birth can be one that is safe, calm, relaxing and positive!
This course is for both you and your birth partner. It is structured, relaxed and filled with all the resources you need to experience a stress – free learning environment with ongoing support and tips through email and phone.
What do the Classes Involve?
I love empowering couples like you, to become more; confident, informed and in control of your body & your birth.
My classes are Practical, Relaxing & Down to Earth! Designed to Increase your confidence, your pregnancy and bonding with your baby, and an added asset to the preparation of your baby's birth!
Hypnobirthing classes guide both you and your birthing partner through a range of deep relaxation techniques by teaching you muscle relaxation, visualisation and breathing techniques to become confident, relaxed and in control of your birthing experience thereby enabling you to make informed decisions around the birth of your beautiful baby.
Hypnobirthing online has been produced to provide you with a real-life class experience. Designed to support you through your pregnancy, helping you to remain calm, relaxed and in control of your birth experience. Providing you with the techniques and the support you will need to correctly practice hypnobirthing relaxation techniques.
Our Hypnobirthing videos and audio's have been designed to ensure that the birth of your baby will be an experience filled with positivity and empowerment because of the confidence and calmness hypnobirthing online will teach you.
We also provide you with a birth plan, work sheets, practical suggestions and breathing exercises to ensure you have the full hypnobirthing skill set to support you on your wonderful day.
Hypnobirthing techniques are deeply relaxing and enjoyable, providing you with support and confidence up to and beyond the birth of your baby. Your birthing partner will play a key role throughout your pregnancy and childbirth, something which is very lacking in other antenatal education classes.
Through hypnobirthing online classes, your partner will be able to help make your labour and delivery a loving, shared experience, making for a beautiful start to your life together with the addition of a new baby.
What's Inside the Hypnobirthing Online Classes and What will I Learn?
Depending on the plan selected, there are many resources from relaxed early pregnancy audio's through to birthing your baby and beyond.
Up to 26 hypnobirthing classes, downloadable birth plans, eight hours of video, class, audio. Breathing techniques, downloadable class notes, practical suggestions, pro tips, email support and up to twelve months access.
Everything you need is right here, providing you with the techniques and the support you will need to correctly practice hypnobirthing relaxation techniques.
What will I Learn Inside the Hypnobirthing Online Class?
Each hypnobirthing module will reduce your levels of fear about childbirth and give you the tools to relax, stay calm and be in control during your birth experience.
The online classes are informal with a flexible structure, where you and your partner will learn simple effective breathing techniques, self-hypnosis, deep relaxation, birth positions, along with the basic physiology of childbirth and much more.
- Hypnotherapy basics
- The birth process and its physiology
- Visualisations and deep relaxation
- Simple massage techniques
- Breathing exercise
- Building confidence through Hypnosis
- Preparation for childbirth
- Birth choices information
- Perineal massage to help prepare the body for a safe birth
- Fear-release methods to allow you to be relaxed and confident for the birth
- Self-hypnosis inducing deep relaxation for a gentle safe birth
- Visualisation exercises to keep you grounded, serene and positive
- How your mind and body work together efficiently and comfortably
What are the Advantages of Hypnobirthing Classes?
- With hypnobirthing, you are likely to experience a natural, calm, comfortable childbirth.
- Learn Simple relaxation techniques to help your body work in a more natural way
- You will be more alert and in control of your birth rather than being out of control
- Enhanced sleep throughout your pregnancy and reduced tiredness, fatigue during labour
- Birthing partner plays a supporting active role in the birth of your baby
- Promotes deeper bonding for you, your baby and childbirth partner
- Reduce the chances of a breech birth
- Learn deep breathing techniques for a gentle, safe birth which can effectively manage pain and reduce the need for pain relief
- Learn techniques to release endorphins to increase the natural anaesthetic of your body
- Greatly reduces the fear-tension-pain syndrome before, during and after birth
- Can shorten your labour time by up to 50%
- Facilities your baby entering the world in an atmosphere of calm and gentleness
- Reduce your need for medical interventions and surgical births
- Less incidence of postnatal depression
- Babies tend to feed and sleep better and are generally calmer
- More rapid postnatal recovery
In a nutshell: -You'll learn to relax, stay calm, remain In control - regardless of what's happening around you!
What are the Benefits to me, my Baby and my Birthing Partner?
Benefits for You During Pregnancy:
- Positive relaxed and enjoyable pregnancy
- Feel in control during the pregnancy
- Greater self-confidence and less stress
- Deeper bonding with baby
- Enhanced quality sleep
- 81% success rate in turning breech babies 37-38 weeks
- Empowered and prepared to deal with whatever path your child birthing takes
Benefits for You During Birth:
- A natural, comfortable childbirth experience is much more likely
- You will be alert, aware and in control
- Hypnobirthing classes eliminate or greatly reduces the need for painkillers
- Shortens the first stage of labour by up to 50%
- Lessen the need for medical intervention with a gentle safe birth
- Postnatal recovery for mother and baby is often much quicker
Your birthing partner has an active and especially important role to play in the birth of your baby, which promotes the bonding process
Benefits for Your Baby:
- Less stress is more calm, serene, and content because you are too!
- Your baby will thrive better, sleep better, and develop quicker
- Hypnobirthing babies experience a gentle safe birth with no trauma to recover from.
- Baby will be more alert and content with good feeding patterns and sleep well
- Deeper bonding that continues in a natural, easy way once the baby is born.
- Higher APGAR scores, due to reduced risks
Benefits for Your Birth Partner:
- Greater understanding and awareness of how the childbirth journey will be
- Actively involved and supportive, which strengthens your connection
- Feel a great sense of empowerment a deeper bond between all three of you
- Learn breathing and relaxation techniques that will give great stress relief
- Understanding what your needs are to help you birth instinctively
- Experience practical tools and techniques to help you both during the childbirth
- Learn tools to help you stay calm and focused on having a gentle safe birth.
- Confidence to work with the medical team in a positive way
Finally, Something Useful For your birth partner to do too!
Do I Need to Also Attend Antenatal Classes?
Hypnobirthing Online classes have elements of antenatal, however, I do recommend during pregnancy that you also attend your antenatal classes, while you prepare for childbirth, as each maternity hospital is different and has their own policies, systems and procedures.
Antenatal classes address all conscious, rational and the analytical aspects of birthing and are about external interventions, working from the outside in, which can lead to increased levels of anxiety, leaving women feeling emotionally and psychologically unprepared for birth.
Hypnobirthing online classes are working from the inside out and addresses beliefs, concerns, worries, fears, emotions, and mental preparation, so that you are adequately prepared for birth.
I recommend that you get the best of both experiences! Antenatal classes support you from the outside In & Hypnobirthing supports you from the Inside out!
Check out the baby academy for their great online classes https://babyacademy.ie/
Will Hypnosis in Hypnobirthing put me to Sleep?
Hypnobirthing classes do not mean you will be in a trance or asleep. You will be able to chat and be in good spirits while being totally relaxed, yet fully in control. You will always be aware of what is happening to you, and around you.
You can still use the hypnobirthing techniques to great benefit even if you decide not to have a natural birth or if a medical intervention becomes necessary.
Hypnobirthing classes teach you safe birth techniques in how to use relaxation, self-hypnosis, visualisation and breathing techniques so you will remain relaxed and calm during pregnancy and birth.
When Should I Start the Course?
Best to join our online course anytime from week twelve onwards!
Today's lifestyle is one of busyness, so this course is designed for you and your baby to dip in and out of at your leisure!
It's good to get as much practice in as possible. The earlier you start, the more time you'll have to give yourself the opportunity to practice the simple techniques and become very familiar with them.
How do I Book?
If you go to the home page, you will see three options made available to you for a relaxing stress-free class that you take at your own pace. Select the programme that best suits your needs.
Can I Move Around the Modules in the Online Course?
Yes, however is it better for you to follow the programme as it's laid out.
How Long is the Zoom Session for and What Does it Cover?
Each session last one hour
What's covered on them, is also tailored made to each individual and based on what's happening and where you’re at around giving birth.
It can be anything from making sure you are happy with your breathing style, to address any specific fears , worries, anxieties you may have along with making sure that you are in the right head space for the birth of your baby.
Your one to one session is idea Ideal for becoming even more confident and self-assured that you have all the tools that you need for the birth of your baby!
Also, the session may be used to address any of the following:
- Overcome Fears & Phobias
- Address Previous Traumatic Birth Experiences
- Hospital Concerns and Fears
- Fear of Needles
- Previous Miscarriages, Still Birth & Sexual Trauma
Is it Possible to Attend a One to One Class with you Rather Than a Zoom Class?
Yes, you are welcome to email me or call me and we can organise an in-person appointment that suits you.
How Much is One Session Outside of the Programme?
Outside of the selected plan, a private one to one session is €100.
It is significantly cost effective to select the hypnobirthing Ultimate as this provides you with three sessions. Two pre-birth and one after birth session
I Want a Zoom Session Outside of the Online Course, What do I Need to do to Book?
Go to booking page, select a date & time along with payment, you will then receive an email confirmation which includes the link to your Zoom session.
What Happens if I Book the Starter Package and Decide that I want to Upgrade to the Hypnobirthing Premium or Ultimate Package?
With our Premium and Starter plans, you can upgrade at any time and we will add your unused time from your old plan to your new plan for FREE!
Where do I get my Receipt From?
If you login to your account – it's there, waiting for you to print off.
What Happens if I Don't Like the Programme?
No problem – you can get a Full refund, providing you have watched less than 20% of the course content.
Where can I Read Client Birth Stories?
Mums and dads who have benefited from hypnobirthing have very kindly shared their birth stories, comments and messages after having given birth using hypnosis, visualization and breathing exercises that they learnt in our hypnobirthing classes.
You will find lots of Parents Sharing their Hypnobirthing here
Is Hypnobirthing Suitable for First Time Mothers?
Whether you've had a baby before or this is your first pregnancy, hypnobirthing can help you. If you want a natural birth, epidural, or require medical intervention, you can still have a positive experience from hypnobirthing!
Can Hypnobirthing be Used Alongside a Home Birth?
100% YES. An absolute benefit to use alongside home births, water births, hospital births and birthing centers.
Is Hypnobirthing Supported in the Maternity Hospitals?
Hypnobirthing enhances the benefits of hospital resources and support which Is widely embraced and Supported by The Maternity Hospitals around the world.
I am Afraid of Giving Birth. Will Hypnobirthing Help me Replace my Fear with Confidence?
Hypnobirthing online classes will help you build Inner Strength and to be in Control of your own Body while you birth your baby
Is There a Hypnobirthing Book you Could Recommend I Read?
Katharine Graves; The Hypnobirthing Book is a great read to have alongside your online classes for a Calm, Confident, Birth.
Why Should I use Hypnobirthing Techniques?
- Overcome any fears associated with Childbirth!
- Reduce the need for medical intervention
- Be in control of your childbirth
- Reduce pain, tiredness, and fatigue during your labour
- Reduce your birth time by up to 50%!
- Connect and bond more deeply with your baby during pregnancy
- Utilise breathing techniques, self-hypnosis, visualisation exercises
- Lessen the physical and emotional Impact of childbirth
- Control your energy levels while birthing your baby
- Increase your self-confidence and trust in your body's ability to give birth
- Reduce chances of a breech birth
- Experience the pleasure of a gentle and safe birth
What are the Terms and Conditions?
It's important to keep you in the loop of our terms and conditions! By securing your place with us on a Hypnobirthing online course you accept and agree to the following:
I take full responsibility for my own personal care & wellbeing.
I understand that once the course is booked it is only refundable if I have watched less then 20% of the course within the first seven days of purchasing the course.
I accept that Hypnobirthing online is not a substitute for professional medical or psychological support and or treatment and that I have no known condition that may stop me from being able to participate in the programme.
I understand that sharing any recording in any form of this course event is strictly prohibited.
Who is Aisling Killoran?
Aisling Is Ireland's longest established and accomplished hypnobirthing practitioner and teacher, living in Dublin. 80% of her client's have given birth safely within six hours or less!
Aisling trained originally through the Institute of Hypnobirthing in 2003 and is a certified Professional Hypnotherapist, psychotherapist, health, and well-being specialist, who has now helped thousands of couples achieve a stress-free birth through Hypnobirthing classes.
Aisling has contributed on radio and television and speaks frequently at conferences both in Ireland and around Europe. Aisling appeared on TV3 and helped a couple to conceive naturally and give birth safely and calmly to their new baby boy!
Where do I go for More Information on Hypnobirthing?
Please feel free to check out our blog section, that is filled with lots of support tips and suggestions.
You will find lots of helpful birth stories here